Rocket Dollar Knowledge Base

California Residents with a Self-Directed IRA... What should I keep in mind?

California rules can be tricky. Please give our sales team a call and we can discuss the rules to make sure everything is clear.

You can book a short phone call with our sales team to answer your questions here.

California residents using an IRA with an LLC will need to use either a California LLC and pay annual California Franchise Tax Board tax/fee, or use another state's LLC and register the other state's LLC as a foreign LLC in California and pay the tax/fee.

Here is a link to info on LLCs.

If LLC fees end up being higher that a Colorado LLC, Rocket Dollar could have to add on additional fees to a Rocket Dollar customer to cover costs.