California residents can choose a Self-Directed IRA with or without a LLC. If you want to forego an LLC, you can contact us to direct hold your asset. A Self-Directed Solo 401(k) at Rocket Dollar uses a trust to avoid CA LLC costs.
California residents can contact Rocket Dollar for a custodial Self-Directed IRA without an LLC. You can hold one asset for $360 to sign up and $15 per month.
If you are just investing in one asset, you can enjoy the same pricing all Rocket Dollar Customers enjoy. $360 to sign up, and $15 per month. Please contact our sales team if you aren't sure if you qualify. This structure could have additional requirements for deal approval, and forgo the benefits of an LLC.
What does this structure look like?
Pricing for more than one asset...
- Setup for each non-real estate asset: $100
- Setup for each additional real estate asset: $350
- Annual maintenance fee for each additional asset (real estate or not): $150
I'm ready to get started... What next?
- Sign up for a Rocket Dollar IRA at rocketdollar.com/signup
- Send an email to the support email from your account fulfillment messages stating you would like to own the assets directly (or transfer them in), and state the number of assets and types you would like to own.
California residents can decide to open their IRA with an LLC, but should be aware of additional costs.
You can also review the advantages to having an LLC by clicking here.
California residents using an IRA with a California LLC have to pay the annual California Franchise Tax Board tax/fee.
If you use another state's LLC, you must register the other state's LLC as a foreign LLC, pay the California Foreign Registration fee, and pay the California Franchise Tax Board Fee.
If Rocket Dollar has to register a California LLC for you, you will incur additional fees.
What about a Self-Directed Solo 401(k)?
A Self-Directed Solo 401(k) uses a trust, not an LLC, and thus the extra LLC considerations do not apply. California residents can enjoy the same $360 signup and $15 per month fee, with no new investment fees.
This can be a great alternative if you qualify.